Class of 2016 Forum

This is the new wiki/forum, which replaced the old one. But you already know that.

Ant Me Sara Rae SS

>-(__.)<(Whale!)
    Admin

This Is Sad. Re: Ant Me Sara Rae SS

Post by >-(__.)<(Whale!) on Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:45 pm

LOLZ SOO CUTTEEEE

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Like a Star @ heaven Life is N O T waiting for the S T O R M to P A S S , it's learning to D A N C E in the R A i N . Like a Star @ heaven
    -.- Never...
    Not A N00b Anymore

Post by -.- Never... on Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:46 pm

ifkr!
    >-(__.)<(Whale!)
    Admin

Post by >-(__.)<(Whale!) on Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:55 pm

ugh idk what to do

Like a Star @ heaven Life is N O T waiting for the S T O R M to P A S S , it's learning to D A N C E in the R A i N . Like a Star @ heaven
    >-(__.)<(Whale!)
    Admin

Post by >-(__.)<(Whale!) on Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:56 pm

just...everyone make ur notecards and finish ur visuals
    AND get ur argument all set up to be put into a powerpoint

we all need to work on the intro and conclusion

ZoruaTheAether
    $$ Thousandaire $$

Post by ZoruaTheAether on Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:58 pm

Hey I need help elaborating on Point 1....

“He replaced Republican civil servants with Democrats, recycling the government jobs to provide more jobs and keep supporters of pres. in government.”
    Facts - AJ supported the rotation-in-office theory
    - he replaced Republicans with Democrats, believing he prevented corruption in office
    - to strengthen party loyalty, Jackson’s supporters gave posts to other Democrats
    - by the end, Jackson had dismissed 20% of Federal civil servants
    Point 1 - Prevents ‘corruption’ in civil servants.
    - It prevents government workers from turning tyrannical by reducing the length of time the person is in the government
    - Prevents anyone from becoming like King George III, the man we escaped from in the first place
    -
    Point 2 - Helped in ‘returning the power to the people’
    - Jackson believed strongly in ensuring that the nation was run by ordinary people, not the rich, money-obsessed, spiffy folk.
    - He wanted Democrats and his followers to be government officials, replacing many Republicans.
    - Normally, most civil servants viewed their posts as lifetime
    - It gave a chance for many, no matter rich or poor, to have a chance to run the country
    - It also made the government more diverse in terms of political party.
    - Most of the people dismissed deserved it, as they had committed crimes at some point

Last edited by ZoruaTheAether on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

NyanRIP Ms. Czekanski's Math Wiki Nyan
    Sprites I made/recreated-
    Nyan Srsly. La Golden Snitch~ FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU Delicious Heart ~
    aznfreak4827
    Devil's Apprentice >8D

Post by aznfreak4827 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:30 pm

Andrew Jackson should be on the 20 dollar bill because Jackson was a self made man. It was him who created the Jacksonian Democracy and the idea that the common people like us should really rule the government.

Jackson was the first self made man to occupy the White House. Jackson grew up on the frontier. He achieved wealth and influence through his own effort rather than being born to a privileged rich family. He created the Democratic Party which represented ordinary farmers, workers, and the poor, not the rich and well born people (A.k.a “us”). We showed so much love for Jackson by organizing huge parades, picnics, rallies, wearing Jackson badges, carrying hickory sticks, and chanting catchy campaign slogans.

The Jacksonian democracy signified the power of a common man, Jackson, could rise on to power and success.
    The Jacksonian democracy was built on the following general principles:
    1. Expanded Suffrage was where he believed voting rights should be extended to ALL white men whether rich or poor.
    2. The Manifest Destiny was where we had a destiny to settle to the West, and expand control from the Atlantic to the Pacific Ocean.
    3. Spoils System which was policy of placing political supporters into appointed offices.
    4. Strict Constructionism which meant that a federal government with limited rights was favored.
    5. Laissez-faire Economies is where a hands off approach to the economy was favored.
    6. Banking was the last principle. It opposed government-granted monopolies to banks, and especially national banks.

These reasons are why supporters chose Jackson. The government could finally be in the hands of us, not the well-born and rich.
    >-(__.)<(Whale!)
    Admin

Post by >-(__.)<(Whale!) on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:34 pm

That's good. I think you should also emphasize a little bit more about how much the /people/ loved him, and since he was the people's choice they'd want him on the bill. But good.

What do u think of ours?

aznfreak4827
    Devil's Apprentice >8D

Post by aznfreak4827 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:35 pm

how am i supposed to emphasize., by using ms. Logans words? "VERY, and MUCh or something?"
    ZoruaTheAether
    $$ Thousandaire $$

Post by ZoruaTheAether on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:37 pm

Don't really need to

aznfreak4827
    Devil's Apprentice >8D

Post by aznfreak4827 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:37 pm

Andrew Jackson should be on the 20 dollar bill because Jackson was a self made man. It was him who created the Jacksonian Democracy and the idea that the common people like us should really rule the government.

Jackson was the first self-made man to occupy the White House. Jackson grew up on the frontier. He achieved wealth and influence through his own effort rather than being born to a privileged rich family. He created the Democratic Party which represented ordinary farmers, workers, and the poor, not the rich and well born people (A.k.a “us”). We showed so much love for Jackson by organizing huge parades, picnics, rallies, wearing Jackson badges, carrying hickory sticks, and chanting catchy campaign slogans. Everyone believed he was the right man due to his effort.

The Jacksonian democracy signified the power of a common man, Jackson, could rise on to power and success.
    1. Expanded Suffrage was where he believed voting rights should be extended to ALL white men whether rich or poor.
    2. The Manifest Destiny was where we had a destiny to settle to the West, and expand control from the Atlantic to the Pacific Ocean.
    3. Spoils System which was policy of placing political supporters into appointed offices.
    4. Strict Constructionism which meant that a federal government with limited rights was favored.
    5. Laissez-faire Economies is where a hands off approach to the economy was favored.
    6. Banking was the last principle. It opposed government-granted monopolies to banks, and especially national banks.

These reasons are why supporters chose Jackson. The government could finally be in the hands of us, not the well-born and rich.
    >-(__.)<(Whale!)
    Admin

Post by >-(__.)<(Whale!) on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:37 pm

aznfreak4827 wrote:how am i supposed to emphasize., by using ms. Logans words? "VERY, and MUCh or something?"
    I have no idea where you're going with that random tangent. Can u just answer me...? Question Neutral Rolling Eyes

>-(__.)<(Whale!)
    Admin

Post by >-(__.)<(Whale!) on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:39 pm

aznfreak4827 wrote:Andrew Jackson should be on the 20 dollar bill because Jackson was a self made man. It was him who created the Jacksonian Democracy and the idea that the common people like us should really rule the government.

Jackson was the first self-made man to occupy the White House. Jackson grew up on the frontier. He achieved wealth and influence through his own effort rather than being born to a privileged rich family. He created the Democratic Party which represented ordinary farmers, workers, and the poor, not the rich and well born people (A.k.a “us”). We showed so much love for Jackson by organizing huge parades, picnics, rallies, wearing Jackson badges, carrying hickory sticks, and chanting catchy campaign slogans. Everyone believed he was the right man due to his effort.

u just said that 'us' was well-born and self made. Total opposites. Question

ZoruaTheAether
    $$ Thousandaire $$

Post by ZoruaTheAether on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:40 pm

...... Why did you post it again? And where's Anthony?,]

>-(__.)<(Whale!)
    Admin

Post by >-(__.)<(Whale!) on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:40 pm

Otherwise it's good.

SO guys, okay, can we come up with the intro/conclusion now?

ZoruaTheAether
    $$ Thousandaire $$

Post by ZoruaTheAether on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:40 pm

Oh and delete the aka us it's a bit confusing because of where it was placed, and it was already established that we're the poor people

aznfreak4827
    Devil's Apprentice >8D

Post by aznfreak4827 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:43 pm

Andrew Jackson should be on the 20 dollar bill because Jackson was a self-made man. It was him who created the Jacksonian Democracy and the idea that the common people like us should really rule the government.

Jackson was the first self-made man to occupy the White House. Jackson grew up on the frontier. He achieved wealth and influence through his own effort rather than being born to a privileged rich family. He created the Democratic Party which represented ordinary farmers, workers, and the poor, not the rich and well born people. We showed so much love for Jackson by organizing huge parades, picnics, rallies, wearing Jackson badges, carrying hickory sticks, and chanting catchy campaign slogans. Everyone believed he was the right man due to his effort.

Chill the hell out guys. Its a tiny mistake
    ZoruaTheAether
    $$ Thousandaire $$

Post by ZoruaTheAether on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:44 pm

No one's yelling.

>-(__.)<(Whale!)
    Admin

Post by >-(__.)<(Whale!) on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:44 pm

yeah, so, intro ideas?????

And stop reposting that dude.

Nobody's yelling at you either. YOU need to chill.

>-(__.)<(Whale!)
    Admin

Post by >-(__.)<(Whale!) on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:48 pm

Hello??

>-(__.)<(Whale!)
    Admin

Post by >-(__.)<(Whale!) on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:49 pm

-__u"

Since nobody's even helping, I guess Imma end up doing everything again at the end tomorrow. Great, guys. :\

aznfreak4827
    Devil's Apprentice >8D

Post by aznfreak4827 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:49 pm

Im reposting so then that kirsten can fix jesus christ
    ZoruaTheAether
    $$ Thousandaire $$

Post by ZoruaTheAether on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:51 pm

“He replaced Republican civil servants with Democrats, recycling the government jobs to increase the diversity of the government's political party populations, to provide a chance to most people to serve their country, and to prevent anyone from turning into a tyrant and abusing their power.”
    Facts - AJ supported the rotation-in-office theory
    - he replaced Republicans with Democrats, believing he prevented corruption in office
    - to strengthen party loyalty, Jackson’s supporters gave posts to other Democrats
    - by the end, Jackson had dismissed 20% of Federal civil servants
    Point 1 - Prevents ‘corruption’ in civil servants.
    - It prevents government workers from turning tyrannical by reducing the length of time the person is in the government
    - Prevents anyone from becoming like King George III, the man we escaped from in the first place
    -
    Point 2 - Helped in ‘returning the power to the people’
    - Jackson believed strongly in ensuring that the nation was run by ordinary people, not the rich, money-obsessed, spiffy folk.
    - He wanted Democrats and his followers to be government officials, replacing many Republicans.
    - Normally, most civil servants viewed their posts as lifetime
    - It gave a chance for many, no matter rich or poor, to have a chance to run the country
    - It also made the government more diverse in terms of political party.
    - Most of the people dismissed deserved it, as they had committed crimes at some point

Last edited by ZoruaTheAether on Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:33 pm; edited 2 times in total

>-(__.)<(Whale!)
    Admin

Post by >-(__.)<(Whale!) on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:52 pm

aznfreak4827 wrote:Im reposting so then that kirsten can fix jesus christ
    Oh okay. U need to not take everything so evilly, lol. :3

Imma fix mine up a little and rachel said she would also, so can u start thinking about an intro since urs is done?

>-(__.)<(Whale!)
    Admin

Post by >-(__.)<(Whale!) on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:52 pm

>-(__.)<(Whale!) wrote:OK MY REASONS:

-The 'money power' was corrupting congress because supporters could buy off congress members to keep chartering the bank
    -the bank supported the wealthy, creating a divide in wealth of the people (classes, not all equal)
    -poor people's taxes go into the bank, and go directly to wealthy stockholders who earn THEIR taxes back. Basically the poor PAYING the rich. UNFAIR.
    Not elaborated at all

aznfreak4827
    Devil's Apprentice >8D

Post by aznfreak4827 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:54 pm

Okay kirsten i'll try to work on the intro after i finish the notecard

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:57 pm